Did You Know? Diamond's EPSM-10GX Ethernet switch module provides a unique approach to embedded computing Ethernet
switch solutions. The managed Layer 2+ or Layer 3 Ethernet switch routing with IEEE 1588 PTP capability is at the core of Diamond's
growing family of Ethernet switches focused on performance solutions in compact form factors.
Ultra-compact, the module is the same size as the industry standard COM Express Type 10 form factor (2.2" x 3.3" /
55 x 84mm). It's performance and small size make it a great choice for space-restricted applications, such as drones, autonomous ground
and underwater vehicles as well as robots.
EPSM-10GX Key specifications
- 24 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 2 10G ports for use in SPF+ sockets 10G ports
- Integrated 500 MHz MIPS CPU for control of all switch functions
- With a more advanced software package, the module is capable of Layer 3 routing performance as well as IEEE1588 PTP protocol
- Rugged Thicker PCB Tested to MIL-STD-202G shock/vibration levels
- -40° to 85° operating temperature
While the EPSM-10GX is available on its own, the module was designed to work with a carrier board (off-the-shelf or custom).
The module was designed to be the building block for creating custom Ethernet switch solutions (or designing a more complex product where the
switch is just one component), engineers wishing to use the module for their own design can order the EPSM-10GX development kit.
EPSM-10GX development kit: (DK-EPSM10GX-01)
- EPS-24G2X full feature switch with EPSM-10GX module installed and heat sink installed
- WebStaX L2+ or IStaX L3 software installed, depending on the ordered part number
- CK-EPS24G2X-01 Cable kit
- Link to download design files:
- EPS-24G2X carrier board schematics
- EPS-24G2X carrier board PCB file
- EPS-24G2X carrier board BOM
- Logic source and programming files for CPLD that controls the port status LEDs
- Design guide with recommendations, schematic snippets, part numbers, etc.
- One day of software customization (typically used for custom branding and port configuration)
For something off-the-shelf, Diamond has two solutions, the 12 port, COM Express Mini
EPS-12000-CM and the 26 port
(includes 2 10G SFP+ ports) 3.5-inch EPS-24G2X which use the EPSM-10GX module in their designs.
Interested in learning more about EPSM-10GX or the development kit? Contact us via email at