Did You Know? Diamond's EPSM-10GX4 Ethernet switch module provides a compact and time-saving approach to designing embedded Ethernet switch solutions. The core Ethernet switching technology is almost fully encapsulated on the module; for many applications, only the "last inch" of magnetics and I/O connectors is required to complete the circuit, enabling easy development of custom form factor compact, rugged Ethernet switch solutions.
Ultra-compact, the module is the same size as the industry standard COM Express Type 10 form factor (2.2" x 3.3" / 55 x 84mm). Its performance and small size make it a great choice for space-restricted applications, such as drones, autonomous ground and underwater vehicles as well as robots.
EPSM-10GX4 Key specifications
- 24 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- 4 10G ports for use in SPF+ sockets 10G ports
- Integrated 500 MHz MIPS CPU for control of all switch functions
- With a more advanced software package, the module is capable of Layer 3 routing performance as well as IEEE1588 PTP protocol
- Rugged Thicker PCB Tested to MIL-STD-202G shock/vibration levels
- -40° to 85° operating temperature
While the EPSM-10GX4 is available on its own, the module was designed to work with a carrier board (off-the-shelf or custom).
The module was designed to be the building block for creating custom Ethernet switch solutions (or designing a more complex product where the
switch is just one component), engineers wishing to use the module for their own design can order the EPSM-10GX4 development kit.
EPSM-10GX4 development kit: (DK-EPSM10GX-01)
- EPS-24G4X full feature switch with EPSM-10GX4 module installed and heat sink installed
- WebStaX L2+ or IStaX L3 software installed, depending on the ordered part number
- CK-EPS24G4X-01 Cable kit
- Link to download design files:
- EPS-24G4X carrier board schematics
- EPS-24G4X carrier board PCB file
- EPS-24G4X carrier board BOM
- Logic source and programming files for CPLD that controls the port status LEDs
- Design guide with recommendations, schematic snippets, part numbers, etc.
- One day of software customization (typically used for custom branding and port configuration)
For an off-the-shelf solution, Diamond has two options: the 12-port, same-size
EPS-12000-CM and the 28-port
(includes 4 10G SFP+ ports) 3.5-inch EPS-24G4X which use the EPSM-10GX4 module in their designs.
Interested in learning more about EPSM-10GX4 or the development kit? Contact us via email at