How to Request a Return Material Authorization (RMA)
To return an item for refund, exchange, or credit:
Please contact the organization from which you purchased the item. If you purchased the item directly from Diamond Systems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To return an item for repair:
Before returning any item to us for repair, please be sure that the product really has a problem. About 25 percent of all products returned to us for repair actually have no problems! Most of these cases are simply due to misunderstandings of how to use the product or errors in another device or board connected to our board. (In fact, most actual board problems are also due to application errors.) Often an email or call to Tech Support will help resolve the problem. This can save you a lot of time as well as the cost of shipping the board back to us. Our email address is email@example.com, and our phone no. is (650) 810-2500.
If it is determined that your board has a real functional problem, please follow the procedure below:
1. Download and open the RMA Request Form (Excel XLS).
2. Fill in the form and include the contact information of a technical person (e.g. Engineer) and the contact information of a business person (e.g. buyer, distributor). Please describe the problem of each product you are returning with as many details as possible. A detailed description will allow us to focus our efforts on the area of concern and enable us to repair the product rapidly.
3. Save the updated form and email it directly to the RMA department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. We will reply to you within one business day with an RMA number. This number must be displayed on the package.
5. Package your board in protective packaging that provides both static protection and shock protection. Boards should be packaged in antistatic bags (silver-gray bags that they came in) and then wrapped in foam or bubble wrap. We are not responsible for damage due to inadequate packaging.
6. Ship your package to the address below. Include a copy of the RMA form with the shipment.
RMA shipping label example:
Diamond Systems Corp.
ATTN: RMA # xxxxxx
158 Commercial Street
Sunnyvale, CA 94086
7. Please allow 2 to 3 weeks for the repairs to be complete (includes shipping time and diagnosis / repair time). Upon receipt of your package, a customer service representative will contact you to discuss the problem. When we return the board to you, we will include a note on the problem found and repairs made.
Please send all RMA questions via email to email@example.com. We will respond promptly.
- Packaging of products must be adequate to ensure board is not damaged during shipment. Use antistatic bags and foam or bubble-wrap.
- A contact person should be available if there are any questions during the evaluation/repair period. If we find no problems with the board or need more information to diagnose the problem, we will attempt to contact the listed person. If there is no response in 3 days, we will ship the board back as is.
- If the board has been damaged outside of our manufacturing defect warranty period or if the problem is not a manufacturing defect then we will send a repair quote to the listed contact person. This quote will be valid for 30 days. If we do not hear back within 30 days after sending the quote, the board will be sent back as-is.